Why come on this course?
This course will introduce you to flexible management techniques to help staff deal with increasing demands and uncertainty.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for Managers working in a changing and challenging environment.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand how people respond to periods of change and uncertainty at work
- Be familiar with the 7 elements of resilience and how you can increase your team’s resilience
- Have identified your preferred way of working and how others may have different needs when dealing with new challenges
- Be aware of strategies and techniques to help you and those you manage cope with stress and change
- Are you a resilient manager?
- How resilient is your team?
- When do they bounce and when do they deflate?
The 7 factors of resilience
- How do we measure resilience?
- Where are your teams’ strengths?
- How can you increase resilience?
How you like to work
- Introduction to Social Styles
- Impact of style on your response to change and stress
- How to adapt your approach to help others take a more positive approach to change and stress
Strategies for Resilience
- Being aware of your own stress levels
- How to spot signs of stress in others
- Finding the positives and making change work for you
- Building productive and supportive work relationships
- Celebrating your teams’ successes
- Developing an assertive communication style
Your resilience action plan
- Goal setting techniques
- Personal action planning